Apply to work with us, learn more about bringing the Harmony Program to your community, or just get in touch.
CURRENT ADMINISTRATIVE OPPORTUNITIES:
The part-time Program Intern will report to the Director of Education and assist with other staff as needed. The Program Intern’s daily priorities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform general office duties, including phone calls, mailings, photocopies, and filing;
- Assist the Director of Education and Program Manager in providing support to Harmony Program teachers at multiple sites;
- Order supplies as needed and maintain the system for managing the instrument inventory.
This position is part-time. Because the Harmony Program is a growing nonprofit with a lean staff, this position represents an excellent opportunity, for the right candidate, to engage in many other substantive areas of the organization, depending on his or her skills and interests. These areas might include budget, fundraising, project management, and business development.
Interested candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Exceptional organizational skills;
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral;
- An ability to work efficiently, both independently and collaboratively;
- A polite, positive, and professional demeanor;
- Solid computer skills, primarily Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Google Drive;
- Spanish language skills helpful but not necessary.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to HR@harmonyprogram.org. Applicants without a cover letter will not be considered. Please include “Program Intern” in your subject line.
The Harmony Program is a highly replicable model of instrumental music instruction that relies heavily on partnerships with local educational and cultural institutions. If you represent a college or university, public elementary school, cultural institution, or community-based organization and would like to explore the possibility of bringing music education to your community, please fill out the form below and feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1700 Broadway, 39th floor
New York, NY 10019